Banana Blueberry bread: are you hungry yet?
BANANA BLUEBERRY BREAD
Easy to make and oh so good. Freezes very well.
Author: Libby via Epicurious
Recipe type: Quick Bread
Serves: 3 small loaves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ ts. salt
- 1½ c. blueberries, best if mixed with a little flour
- Grease inside of pans you are going to use: I prefer small pans but you can certainly use 9x5 pan.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream the butter and sugar together by hand or with mixer
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add this to the butter/sugar
- Mash the bananas and add to the bowl.
- Sift the dry ingredients and slowly add this to the bowl until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake at 375 for 15 min. Then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for another 30 min. Watch the pans: mine took less time..
- Cool before removing from pans.
Seriously, this is one of the best quick breads I have ever made. I’m not sure what makes it quite so good…must be the proportions. I did use blueberries I had picked in June and frozen. This bread also freezes very well and, of course, would make a great gift. I made three small loaves from this one recipe and none survived long enough to be gifted!
Would love to know if you try this and what you think!
LOOKS DELICIOUS AND BLUEBERRIES ARE SO GOOD FOR US OR SO THEY SAY!
It sounds – and looks! – great.