Banana Blueberry bread: are you hungry yet?
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ ts. salt
- 1½ c. blueberries, best if mixed with a little flour
- Grease inside of pans you are going to use: I prefer small pans but you can certainly use 9x5 pan.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream the butter and sugar together by hand or with mixer
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add this to the butter/sugar
- Mash the bananas and add to the bowl.
- Sift the dry ingredients and slowly add this to the bowl until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake at 375 for 15 min. Then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for another 30 min. Watch the pans: mine took less time..
- Cool before removing from pans.
Seriously, this is one of the best quick breads I have ever made. I’m not sure what makes it quite so good…must be the proportions. I did use blueberries I had picked in June and frozen. This bread also freezes very well and, of course, would make a great gift. I made three small loaves from this one recipe and none survived long enough to be gifted!
Would love to know if you try this and what you think!