This is a good soup.
Very very good!
I’ve always loved cold soups in the summer: I have my old favorite stand-bys but am always looking for something new. Gazpacho has been a favorite in our house for years…so I immediately looked at this one.
YES YES YES
I just happened to see this in the July issue of House Beautiful. It is a recipe from
Lulu Powers Food to Flowers
She has entertaining and food ideas (for entertaining) in the book and also each month in House Beautiful. This is definitely a keeper so I printed it out and have it in my recipe collection book!
Here are the vegetables you will need:
And here we have a bowl sitting prettily at the dinner table:
We like gazpacho kind of chunky…but you could definitely give this a longer whirl to make smoother.
Here is the recipe to print out:
- 1 lb. yellow tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed
- ¼ c sweet white onion, roughly chopped
- ½ c green seedless grapes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- sea salt
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime
- Optional: hot sauce, chive oil
- Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sea salt, mix well, and let it sit for an hour.
- Put the mixture in a blender with the olive oil.
- Stir in the vinegar and lime juice, then season to taste with sea salt.
- Add hot sauce or chive oil, if desired, as garnish.
Again, the source for this is Lulu Powers Food to Flowers.
Try it and let us know what you think: it’s easy and oh so good.
Did I mention just how pretty it is???