What’s easy to make and even easier to eat?
Mini Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes
MINI LEMON CUPCAKES
Author: Libby via Taste of Home
Recipe type: Dessert or Tea or Anytime
Serves: 6 dozen
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 package, 8 oz., of cream cheese, softened
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tbl. lemon juice
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Extract
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1½ tsp. grated lemon peel
- 3 cups flour
- 5¼ cups confectioners sugar
- ½ cup + 3 Tbl. milk
- 3½ Tsp. Lemon Extract
- In large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel.
- Add flour; beat just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 325° for 10-15 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 min. before removing cakes to a wire rack.
I cut the recipe in half: just halve all the ingredients. It made plenty! Two hints: a) don't over mix b) bake until just barely done
Really, these were so easy to make and so yummy. I do wish the edges had turned brown and been a bit crispy…but no matter, all the lemon made up for that. I also tried decorating a few with dollops of red icing (this was just pre-Christmas) but no, I prefer them plain. They will disappear very quickly!
Hi Katie, and thanks for visiting and your kind words! We will be in touch soon I am sure; and best of luck with all that snow
Libby – Mmmm, looks so yum! I can eat that entire batch!! We just finished dinner and I’m looking around for dessert……none here, so I guess I’m coming over! I’ll bring tea :) xo
Loi:Check out my Instagram feed from just a while ago: I’ve moved onto Valentines sugar cookies!!! These are not perfect visually, but oh so good. Thanks for visiting!
These look so decadent–will have to try them. I love lemon and most anything with cream cheese icing.
pbmGarden recently posted…In A Vase On Monday—January Flu
I agree: cream cheese always gets my vote. These are SO easy to eat, that’s the problem!
Wow… a new try for me today. Lemon cake has been a real winner at our little cafe here in town so i think i will give these a try on our customers. thanks so much.
Hi Deb: Anything with lemon has my vote…and really, these are so easy to make. I probably over baked them: would like them a bit gooier! But very easy to eat.