What’s easy to make and even easier to eat?
Mini Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 package, 8 oz., of cream cheese, softened
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tbl. lemon juice
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Extract
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1½ tsp. grated lemon peel
- 3 cups flour
- 5¼ cups confectioners sugar
- ½ cup + 3 Tbl. milk
- 3½ Tsp. Lemon Extract
- In large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel.
- Add flour; beat just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 325° for 10-15 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 min. before removing cakes to a wire rack.
Really, these were so easy to make and so yummy. I do wish the edges had turned brown and been a bit crispy…but no matter, all the lemon made up for that. I also tried decorating a few with dollops of red icing (this was just pre-Christmas) but no, I prefer them plain. They will disappear very quickly!