What a question, right?
So…if you like to shop, do you shop on-line? Do you know where to shop on line?
The latest twist to shopping on line are members-only online sales sites. They promote themselves as “invitation only” sites…but in reality all you have to do is register (yes, they want your email for their daily list). Some say they have a waiting list, if you haven’t been “introduced” by a member, but I have never had trouble signing up and getting in right away. It may take a few hours, or even a day, but you too will become a member!
Here are some of the most popular sites:
1. One King’s Lane It’s been called “the ultimate shopping site“! Five days a week they have a sale of at least two designer lines (usually four or five). These sales are definitely “first come first served” as quantities are limited. We’re talking goo……d stuff here: linens, bedding, tableware, candles, bags and the list goes on. With names like Vera Wang, Waverly, Reidl, April Cornell there will surely be something for you to want! Really, their things are great, and even if you don’t buy, you will come away with lots of new ideas.
Here are some plates I bought about a month ago. Set of six, in a box. The 6″ size is so hard to find these days, and these colors are just perfect for my Provencal dining room:
2. Gilt Groupe. I’ve had had my eye on this one for a while, was put on the waiting list and in approximately six hours I was “accepted”! They say they admit a few new members each day, unless you come recommended by an existing member.
What they offer:
Categories of “Women, Men, Children, Home, Gifts and Jetsetter”
It’s the last one, the “Jetsetter” that I find most amazing. The travel deals are wide ranging, all over the world and all at luxury hotels or resorts. Just browsing the offerings is a treat in itself! And, most of the offers are available for several months out. While I’ve never (to date) made a reservation here, I’ve heard via Twitter, that they are dependable and what you see is what you get.
3. RueLaLa. Again, invitation only…but it took me about twenty four hours to make it “in”. These sales go fast! Most are posted about 11 AM and last one day. These are daily offerings of both fashion and home furnishings. Some are really spectacular and offer huge….savings. Again, act quickly!
I just ordered, and am waiting for the delivery today, two pairs of Cole Haan air sandals: $49 each, down from I think $129?
4. Here’s a variation on the theme: Shop It To Me. This site is purely fashion and accessories. When you sign up you also choose your favorite designers, your favorite shops, you state your size and they act as your “personal shopper”. Your weekly email is tailored to you! Discounts abound, and I have found their selections to be right on.
5. Delight.com. This is actually a daily email, but you link directly to the site and the blog. Tons of goodies featured everyday, with links to their site to purchase. These are definitely more of a quick, trendy look.
Want to join one of these? If you use my name (email address of email@example.com) you will “be accepted” faster, AND, it earns me a $$ credit with the site!
Do you have any other sites we should all know about?